Sunday, October 15, 2006

Two And A Half Months

There are approximately two and a half months left to write in 2006, and I hope to fill my calendar with at least one more book this year. Next month is National Novel Writing Month and I do believe I'm going to stop fighting the urge and get my creative groove on.

Last night, I woke up at 2 AM--my vampire characters were talking to me LOUDLY. I couldn't sleep they were chattering so! They suddenly had so much to say, I knew the only way to appease them would be to listen carefully. So I reached over, grabbed my spiral notebook off the nightstand, and started writing by the light of the digital clock.

One hour passed, then two... I put down my pen at four AM. Hubby and Mini boy were still asleep beside me. I closed the notebook, put it away, and feeling content, I went on to sleep.

This morning I was surprised by what I read. The notes are messy, but I managed page after page of dialogue, as well as two complete scenes. This is a book I had considered a while back, but put it off, not sure if I wanted to write it at all. Well, I woke up this morning feeling that drive again, and after reading the "transcripts" of my character's conversation, I feel it's definitely time to start working on another book. That book.

I have no idea what will come of this new story, whether the idea actually works as a plot, or if it will ever sell. I never know these things until I've written the last page of a manuscript, and even then, I'm never 100% positive. All I know for sure is that finally, finally the drained feeling that seemed to latch on to me after finished Wicked Temptation has lifted. The muses are talking to me again--and I'm so very glad!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Hate it when the muses cut me off. Love it when they don't shut up!!!

    Sounds like you made progress by the light of your digital clock. Cool...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim and I are certain our muses go out drinking margarita's! Bitches!

    Glad yours are back! YAY!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Cora! I'm glad to hear you're doing NaNo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies! Yes the muses are back.
    I'm soooo relieved... they returned in the nick of time, it seems. ^_^

    Tara, marguerita drinking muses! Ha! That's too funny. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^