Monday, October 02, 2006

Tasty Tidbits

I'm happy to report that I was excused from jury duty earlier today. The case would have required the jurists to be sequestered for 5 to 7 days. There's no way I could do that. Oldest Offspring would be fine, but there would be no one to watch Mini for that amount of time. My parents aren't capable of handling him for more than 2 or 3 hours at the most, and hubby has to work. We can't afford him not too. I told all this to the judge and he excused me right away.

I'm relieved because I don't think I could deal with a trial that could lead to the death penalty. About that issue, I'm definitely on the fence. I'll leave it to the experts, thanks a bunch!

Back home, I answered a few emails and got back to writing. I have two stories I'm working on simultaneously because they tie in rather closely. One will be for free, the other I'm not sure what I'll do with it at this point. I suppose I'll worry about that when the time comes for it. I set about burning an orange candle for creativity, turned the Backyardigans on for Mini, and settled into my favorite writing chair. ^_^ Ah, now that's what it's all about...



Speaking of stories and writing, there is a Trick or Treat fiction download now available over at the Midnight Moon Cafe! Stroke It, an erotic paranormal story by the super fantabulous Cassandra Curtis is featured--so go and download your copy right now! It's completely free!

While you're over there, be sure to check out that smoking HOT COVER. A special shout out to Silma is in order for that sumptuous cover art.


All them witches eat many sandwiches, and keep a black cat in their pointy hat... ^_^

6 comments:

  1. So glad you got out of jury duty. Love the pics! Keep up the wonderful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mia! It's wonderful to see you here.

    BTW, I love your "Raindrops" book cover. Very snazzy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting out of jury duty! YAY!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear you're excused from jury duty!

    Love those halloweenish treats! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the Backyardigans, my little one loves them!

    Do you have Fifi and the Flowertots over there too?

    :o)

    Pissing hell! I'm now singing the theme tune!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, no Flowertots here. Sounds adorable though. Mini love those little toddler dance shows. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.