Friday, October 20, 2006

The Omen, Diapers, and Crispy Treats


Yesterday I got a surprise call from hubby around two pm. He was on his way home from work. He got tired of lingering around over there with nothing to do and decided to take off early. Around this time, Mini was getting that far away sleepy eyed look, so I took him on for a nap. By the time we got up, hubby was home with Bk! He'd stopped off and cashed his paycheck, picked up the burgers and even bought a copy of The Omen for us to watch.

Now, I've been a fan of The Omen for a long time. I've watched all the sequels, and I've even read the book. I was glad to see they followed the book more so in the remake than the original, but at the same time there was something a little less scary about this movie that the other. And the actors... Julia Stiles was supposed to be Damien's mommy. Somehow I just wasn't buying that. In the original movie, the mother looked... well, like a woman. Not like a girl playing dress up. And that's how it seemed this go around. Julia Stiles still does "teen angst" movies, how am I to believe she is an ambassador's wife, and the mother of a five year old?

Aside from that, the show itself was okay. Not much changed from the other version. *wink*

Well, I suppose I should get off my backside and get the Mini boy dressed for a trip to the store. I promised oldest to make rice crispy treats, and on top of that, I just realized about half way through this post we're out of diapers. Urg.

By the way, I will be dropping in over at eBookLove in yahoo groups to promote a few books. So if you're around the yahoo area, be sure to drop in and say hi!

4 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about Julia playing the mom in The Omen. I haven't seen it but I remember watching the commercials and thinking "WTH??" She does look like she's playing dress up.

    I liked the original version. It's a little cheesy but I love that. I love old horror movies but we've had this discussion before...

    In fact, I just set my TiVO up a couple of days ago to record the original "The Fog." That's my fave scary movie. That and "Halloween." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into scary movies. But from the commercials I saw it seemed like it would be a good one. Speaking of running out of diapers....I run out of baby cereal a couple of times and had to get up early in the morning to go get some. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Omen looks creepy! I don't think I could see it! I'm terrified of scary movies, unless I'm drunk :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh...I really wanted to see that movie too! Now I'm not so sure! URGH!

    Maybe I'll give it a shot, who knows.

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^