Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Gossip, Devils, and Chat



My devils are speaking to me again... They started chattering away late yesterday evening. What a relief! I want to finish my demon book before the end of the year. It's supposed to be novella length or longer, and I hate trying to write something beyond short story length when my characters are being stubborn. I'm so glad that dark cloud is lifting. Seems my latest bad boy is just playing hard to get.

Oy, and talk about a bad boy! I don't think I've ever written about a sexier, darker, or more dangerous alpha than this guy. I also managed to name him yesterday as well. Ha! I had been referring to him in the wip as MAIN GUY. *lol* I couldn't seem to think of what to name a fallen angel/demon without it sounding contrived or just plain ridiculous. Well I have it now. The perfect name. And for the time being I'm going to be a heifer and keep the world in suspence. That's just incase I decide my selection was momentary insanity and have to change it. No one will ever be the wiser. Heh. ^_^

Ooh! Last night's chat over at Coffee Time Romance completely rocked! There were both familiar and a few new faces that joined us, too. That's always exciting--meeting new people interested in paranormal romance. A special thanks to everyone who dropped in to show their support--you made the night fabulous! It was my first time chatting at CTR and I felt especially welcome. :-)

Congrats to downy59, who won a copy of Wicked Temptation. I will be sending that out to you this morning, so be on the lookout!

I better get to work now. Mini was having teething fits last night, so I didn't get to bed until 1 am. I need to get a few things completed before he demands a nap.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your chat went so well last night!

    Sexy dark alpha heroes? Yum yum yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devils??? Hehehe, are they better than muses? Or are you Muses out drinking margarita's and they sent the devils to fill in??

    Congrats!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen! I loved hearing about your Haunted Dreams over at TSR. I didn't know there was a chat going on last minute. That was so very interesting about the cover art too. I hadn't really noticed who was doing what cover. I think you have one of the prettiest covers for Octoberfest--what a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Tara! Yes, my demons from my current wip. They are more ornery than a cart-pulling donkey, I do swear. My muses... *shakes head* They are on a road trip somewhere, likely drinking all those margueritas you've mentioned. *rofl* I'm having to wrangle with those wip devils all by myself! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.