Sunday, October 29, 2006

Gearing Up For NaNo

Yesterday was a wonderful day! Hubby and I dropped the kids off at Auntie's house, and spent the day by ourselves. We ate out at Copelands, and went shopping. We considered going out to watch a movie--but there wasn't anything playing we wanted to see. To make up for that, we drove around our old home town looking at how things have changed from when we were in school, then we tried out a few new businesses that have sprung up since we left. We stopped by The Pottery Shop, which turned out to be a local craft seller. They had goregeous hand blow glassware, metal cut-out art and local jellies and candles and such. Hubby was interested in the windchimes they had, so I asked him why we didn't choose a joint anniversary gift. It would be more special to pick something out together. And so we did. We bought windchimes for the front of our house. They are twisted metal with a red glass bead. Very pretty. ^_^

Now for today... My dad is visiting. He's out dragging Mini bear around the yard in his wagon. In a bit hubby and I will go buy our groceries for the week. Then when I'm home it's time to start planning for NaNo. Oh, yes. I must prepare! No actual writing is involved. Merely plotting and taking notes on what I'm going to do. Otherwise I'll just sit down at the computer on Wednesday and stare at the screen. Not a good thing!

This year I'm going to try something a bit different, and write one 20-40k story, then write a short story or two for the rest of the 50k. I should face less burn out that way.

Only two days to Halloween! If you are looking for something fun to do, visit my Sexy Haunted House over at the Midnight Moon Cafe!

4 comments:

  1. Happy late anniversary by the way. ;)

    You know, I'm thinking of doing the same thing you are for Nano. Doing a novella and a short story. I'm up in the air about it right now. I guess I need to figure it out since it's coming up in like, oh, 2 days!!! Aaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful anniversary! I LOVE Copeland's unfortunantly, we don't have one in our town. :-(

    Good luck plotting!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stress, Karen! Make it fun ^_^ BTW, congrats on the release tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gosh, Tara, that was our first trip to Copelands. It certainly won't be our last! The food was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.