Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Epiphany!

First thing this morning I found an email in my inbox telling me Wicked Temptation has a new release date: Friday, October 13th! How cool is that? A Friday the 13th release date! ^_^

I don't have a cover yet for W/T, but I should in the next few days. I'll be sure to post it as soon as it's in. I can barely wait! By the way, the first chapter of Wicked Temptation is posted over at the Cora Zane website in the Books section. Want an idea of how Wicked Temptation is going to read? Head on over there--it's worth a look!

Now on to other things... I've been quite busy lately. I'm working on not one, but two stories at one time--something I usually never do. And in truth, both of them are not the main story I need to be working on--that's the one where I feel least inspired. (Of course.) It's the law of the universe, I tell you.

Then yesterday as I went to take a nap with Mini, I had an epiphany. Yes, really! About the uninspired story, too! I guess there's something to this sleep deprivation thing after all. Anyway, before my eyes slipped shut, I reached for my notebook and wrote pages and pages of notes for my demon story. It's a little different than the one I originally proposed, but all the elements still fit. The characters are still there, plus an additional one. The only thing that has really changed is the setting and the dynamics. There was something missing from the other version I was writing. It felt like the "story balance" was all wrong. Well, apparently that was the case. Once I turned a few things around, such as making the heroine the focal character, everything sort of fell into place. Woot! I'm actually looking forward to this project now, instead of dreading it. *dance, dance*

Today I'll be working all day on my freebie for the MMC. My goal is to have everything together as one big piece by tomorrow. As of right now, I have huge chunks of story written, but they are not threaded together. Ho hum.

One last thing before I get to work! Tomorrow the Midnight Moon Cafe will have a new Midnight Brew. This one will feature a tasty interview with paranormal romance author L. Rosario. Love books about sexy vampires? You won't want to miss this showcase!

That's it for me this morning, folks. I'm off to go write about my sexy hot werewolves while Mini is in a good mood. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you actually got some sleep!! Although I'm reading, you sound very different from yesterday!

    Anyway, congrats on the release. I'll check it out when I get home from work!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so psyched about the new release date of "Wicked Temptation." Heh! Can't wait to read it! Friday the 13th! Totally cool!

    I'm also happy to hear your Muses got back to work after a long vacation. *lol* Now get that story done for Monday! I can't wait to show off the cover it has. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^