Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Candy on a Rainy Day


I've put off painting a day. I've come down sick with something, and now it's raining cats and dogs. I'm surprised I have a net connection at all in this weather, so I really shouldn't complain. To keep in good spirits, I browsed around for festive pictures. Isn't Candy Jack here a gem? He's an AOL pic. *rofl*

Last night I hung out with the guys for a while, just watching tv and making Oldest leave Mini alone with the new toys. Erm, rather old toys. The ones I found in the closet... remember I wrote about those? The ones I argued with oldest about giving to Mini? I came in twice yesterday to find the new/old toys on the dining table out of Mini's reach. I asked why they were up there, and Oldest loudly proclaimed, "I don't want Mini to break them!"

Okay, we are talking about a 15 year old getting fussy over baby toys. Cheap ones at that. An old wind up musical "tv" and a bear shaped toy clock. Nothing fancy. Granted they were his, but as far as that goes he didn't even know we had them anymore until a few days ago. As far as he was concerned, I'd chucked them in the garbage when he outgrew them. He's never even asked for them over the years. I told him to leave the toys--and Mini--alone. *shakes head*

Tomorrow if I'm feeling better I plan to get as much done as possible. I don't want to have to do a scrap of housework Friday--hubby and I are making it an anniversary weekend. I'm going to attend the RD chat, and that's about the only finger I plan to lift all that day. Then on Saturday we're going shopping--yay, Victoria's Secret!!--and going out to eat without the kids. Woot! Proof that I am indeed a woman, and not just a mom. Ha ha!

4 comments:

  1. Ooo splurge buy yourself something sexy at VS! I need to get my butt back in shape so i can fit into them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMAO! Tooo funny about the toys!!!

    Sickness is going around! URGH! I've felt like crap for the past week.

    Hope you feel better!
    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still packing the extra weight from having Mini, Shelli. I know I need to lose it, but erg... what with the holidays coming on, it is so hard to commit. But I'm not going to let that deter me from VS shopping! Especially since I have a semi ligitimate reason to be spending money on lingerie. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, I hope you get to feeling better!

    Yep, this is the cold that will circulate through the house all winter. I can just feel it in my bones. I have been drinking OJ and taking sinus/allergy medicine out the wazoo trying to beat this thing. I am determined not to be sick come Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^