Saturday, September 02, 2006

With Sugar On Top

Yesterday I took Mini-boy for his vaccinations, and since he'd been sick the week before, the nurse wouldn't administer the shots. They did the bloodwork to test for diabetes and all that, but I will have to take him back next Friday for the actual stick and poke. *sigh* I hate shots! The nurse gave us these pamphlets and warned us in advance he would feel pretty rough for about 2 or 3 days after the fact. Oh, joy. Poor Mini-boy, he didn't like being messed with, and he didn't seem to like that nurse--he was glaring at her as if he was thinking he'd like to toss her into the lake.

I thought she was very nice, however. She seemed like one of those nurses that like their job. She seemed genuinely interested in her patients well being. That is rare. However, Mini wasn't too convinced. lol He wasn't content until mom and I got him into the truck and out of that office! Ah, well, by the time I took him to BK for a kid's meal, he was in a better mood, even if he didn't let me out of his sights for the rest of the day.

Ooh! After things wound down last night, I came across fellow author Cassandra Curtis online and we toyed around with the tarot. It's been a little over a year since I took the old deck down, but the reading went off without a hitch. Lots of fun there. One of the high points of my day! I also walked CC through a p/p/f/ spread with a really ususual deck she has. That was too cool. I am going to have to check out that deck when I have more time. In the meantime, I'll be keeping my goddess deck out. In the next few weeks I'll be giving away a free reading over at the Midnight Moon Cafe so stay tuned!

NEWS FLASH: I just learned this morning Bonding Experience made the top five bestseller list at Cobblestone Press for August. Woot! Here's the list:

*Bad Moon Rising by Loribelle Hunt
*Bonding Experience by Cora Zane
*Seducing Olivia by Madison Layle and Anna Leigh Keaton
*Under Cover of the Moon by Loribelle Hunt
*Release Me by Karen Erikson

I was thrilled to see fellow Slackass Clan darling Karen Erikson on the list too! You go girl! *dance, dance* Also, Madison, Anna Leigh, and Loribelle are on the list for their second month in a row. Congrats all around, ladies!

I dropped by the Cobblestone Press chat last night to congratulate Emily Veinglory and Lyric James on their new releases, and one of the readers asked me why there is no excerpt up for Bonding Experience over on the Cora Zane website. Oops! I'm sorry about that. I've been so busy with edits and promos and other things that I've neglected to update my main site. But you asked, and so you shall receive! I promise to post a steamy excerpt this weekend!

Well, I'm off for now. I'm going to go and guzzle a cup of coffee or two--provided it actually brewed this time! I set the coffee pot, but didn't realize the crockpot was plugged in instead of the coffee maker. *grumble, grumble* See? See what happens when my brain starts running low on caffeine?

5 comments:

  1. Poor wee man!

    I read the tarot too, but haven't done so for about a year. I'm reluctant to get them out again as strange things go on after I've used them.

    MWHAHAHAHA!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy.

    Cool on the top five!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Cora. You rock too!!! Whoo hoo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! How exciting!

    With Love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cora, m'dear. I feel bad for the little tyke. Hated shots myself, when I was a kiddo.

    Yeah, I think we got some good readings Friday night. Still looking for my other two tarot decks. No offense to anyone who reads or speaks German, but it's a bitch to try and read these German POW WOW cards and then try to read the English translation for the cards. LOL. I do think they're cool, and they were a gift.

    Ah, but wait until I find my herbal tarot deck--then we'll see if the future is thorny or bloomin' bright! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.