Thursday, September 07, 2006

Numb Brained and Chillin'

Today was a productive day, but now I'm so tired I can barely think straight. I worked on edits until the words completely stopped making sense to me. I decided after staring at the same two sentences for over an hour, it was time to give it up for the day. ^_^

I put everything away, sent my editor a brief note on my progress, and turned to the net for entertainment. Tomorrow I'll be taking Mini-boy back to the doctor, so I better take a break while I can. After his shots I know he's going to expect complete pampering.

Ooooh!! On a lighter note, I got some yummy mail today. I found the box sitting outside on the BBQ grill and as soon as I saw the little arrow swish printed on the side of it, I knew I had a goodie waiting for me from Amazon. I couldn't hold back the squee of joy. Months ago I preordered a copy of Dark Celebration by Christine Feehan, and well... it's here! It's here!

Oh geez, but I am a sucker for a Carpathian. Dark hair, mesmerizing eyes, sexy accent, and a man on a mission to find a lifemate... what's not to love? *drool* It's the ultimate man formula, I tell you. I can't wait to read this book! And bad me, I admit I thumbed through it and read some tasty bits. But I vow I won't start actually reading it until I finish this round of edits. I don't want to get distracted, and I know once I start a Feehan novel, I'm not putting it down til I'm finished. Hehe!

By the way, tonight there will be a Full Moon Fantasies chat going on at Cobblestone Press. I'll be there, along with fellow werewolf romance authors L. Shannon, Brandi Broughton, and Loribelle Hunt. Lori will be giving away a copy of her latest title, so don't miss out on the fun!

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well with my min-boy at the doc's appointment. Oh! And happy reading! :) I've got 30% discounts coupons from Borders, so this weekend I'm going shopping - book shopping that is. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Pamper the little guy! Glad some good came out of today! (The book!) Enjoy reading it!

    With Love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.