Monday, September 25, 2006

Casting Around For Titles

What is it about titles? For me it sells the book. If the title sucks, I won't pick it up, but it's hard to come up with a title that hasn't been used again and again... particularly when writing about werewolves.

I've been working on a freebie story for Halloween, but so far it's a bust on the titles. I want something fresh, something different from my other titles, but darn it... that's easier said than done! Tempest Knight suggested looking at old movie and song titles that revolve around the theme of my book. That's a pretty good idea. I'm going to hit Amazon tonight and do some browsing. Perhaps I'll get inspired, and an idea will strike me.

On another note, I spent the day working on flash fiction, and reading. I've got a few reviews I must write soon, and one of the books has been difficult to sit through. It's not a bad book, the concept is interesting, but it's a bit slow. I've been through 40 pages of nothing so far... something needs to happen, and soon! I need things to be constantly happening in a story to keep my interest--whether it's internal tension, or some kind of action. Maybe that's just me. Sometimes, I swear, I have the attention span of a two year old. That's it for me. Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^