Thursday, August 10, 2006

Winding Down


This has probably been one of the worst weeks ever. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. I'll be glad to get to the weekend whether I get this damn story finished or not.

We've been having on and off power outages for the past few days. The worst one was for about a 2 hour stretch Tuesday night. It was 11pm and blazing hot. We cracked open the front door but there wasn't so much as a breeze to help cool us off. I ended up pacing around the front yard in the dark with the baby, trying to keep him cooled off. I'm not really sure what the big deal is with the lights. They have trucks going up and down the road every so often. All I can think is maybe the construction crew working one road over keeps tinkering with things. I don't know. But it's not very productive to writing, I can assure you that.

On another note, I've been reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince during the brown-outs. Okay, no spoilers folks, I've already had one person tell me Dumbledore dies, but if so much as one more secret about the book leaks before I get to read it, I will cast wicked voodoo on whoever spills the beans! ^_^

Anyway, I'm about half-way through the book and already I have a theory about what's happening in the next one. First off, I don't believe for an instant that Dumbledore is actually dead. I'll share that theory once I finish...it will take a bit of explaining, and I'm a bit short on time today.

Well, I'm off for now, folks. I'm going to go try and do a bit of editing.

PS. Isn't the sea dragon picture simply gorgeous! Beautiful creature!

11 comments:

  1. I know all about power outages. We had one about a month ago and living in a brick house in the South makes the heat unbearable. We actually would sit in the car and run the air. I don't know what's worse no power or burning the car AC with these gas prices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear you, Tara! I did that with the boys last night. I sat in the Jeep with the little one for a while so we could have a bit of a/c. I would have driven the boys around, but I was just too tired. And with the gas prices... ouch! I was very tempted to show up on my parents doorstep at midnight, though. Luckily they got the power on not too long after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..I love Harry Potter. I'm dying to hear your theory on Dumbledore. I was so heartbroken when he was killed. How much more do you have to read? Do you know who the half blood prince is yet? I can not WAIT until book 7 comes out. I will be in line at WalMart at midnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand power outages! They are the WORST!

    Hope you don't have any more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pic!

    I'm sorry the week hasn't gone well, but I hope the next one more than makes up for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that Harry Potter book is sooo dark and sooo good! I've read it like 4 times already. Gosh, does that make me sound like a geek? *lol*

    Sorry to hear about the power outages. They suck! But it's better than the water outages we've been having. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyric, I have about a hundred pages left to go, then I'll post my theory about Dumbledore. It gives my husband a conniption fit whenever we discuss it, because he disagrees, so I want to have all the "facts" first before I say anything on here, lol. I do know who the half-blood prince is, btw. Someone on Neopets spilled the beans in a post. Grr. Ah well, I already suspected it, but I would've like to have discovered it on my own, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen and Ann, thanks for the well wishes for the week and the power outages. We only had one brief outage yesterday. Woot! They're getting less and less so I'm hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tempest? Seriously? Harry Potter makes us geeky? *_* LOL! I was late to catch on to the series. We bought the books for the oldest son, and when the movies came out he (and hubby) insisted that I catch up. So when book 4 or 5 came out, I read all the books in order. I think I read them over the course of about a week. *_* I'd definitely wished I'd read them earlier. Now I'm late to the fore again with this book. I wish I'd started it earlier--I'd heard a lot of complaints about it, but I think it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, BTW, sorry about your water outages... ugh, that does suck. They're always tampering with the water here. We drink bottled water because the town water smells so strongly of chlorine. I guess that's better than it smelling like stinky feel or something though. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a sea creature? Thought it was a new fancy seaweed hahaha!

    :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^