Sunday, August 13, 2006

Wicked Temptation


Despite what the post date says on the blog, it's Tuesday the 15th. I saved this pic for another post, but decided it fits with my mood today, so I decided to use it.

I haven't blogged in a couple of days; I've been working almost nonstop since Saturday, and I just sent off Wicked Temptation to Cobblestone Press about thirty minutes ago. Today is the deadline, so I do believe for all standard purposes I made it. I don't think I could have cut it any closer, though.

I was up all night working on Chapter 3 (which had formerly been part of Chapter 4), and just this morning, I finished the final chapter. Whew! I am sooo tired, but at the same time I feel quite accomplished.

Last week, I was beginning to wonder if these characters were even worth writing about, then last night I was working on the chapter of doom and I hit this point where everything just seemed to mesh. From that point on, I couldn't help feeling that everything I'd gone through to write this book was worth it.

Now to wait for the bosses to decide.

In the meantime, I'm going to relax for a bit. Maybe spend a few minutes catching up with my friends on myspace, or reroot a cabbie or something. I've been so hung up on one thing, that I've let everything else go by the wayside. I didn't even realize it until last night Bonding Experience is coming out on Friday. *woohoo!*

On another note, today was oldest offspring's first day back to school. Oh man...I can't believe it. My son is in highschool!! *drags out rocking chair and walking cane* Mini offspring has been looking for his Bubba on and off whenever he stops to think about it.

I'm off for now. I know I promised to give my theory on why Dumbledore is not dead in HP6, but Mini-boy is wanting attention so I'm going to go play with him. If there's time tonight, I'll post again to try and catch up.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you met the deadline!

    Aww, my 3rd child goes to big school next Sept. Sad.

    :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! You finished it! Congrats! I know the big bosses will love it! *wg*

    Aaaawww... Mini-rocker misses his big bro. That's so cute! *g* I can imagine him calling Bubba and wandering why he's not around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, M.E. I tell ya, it was rough to see son off this morning. We had a great summer and I already miss him being around the house!

    Tempest, poor mini-bub was going around calling for Big Bubba. He knows how to slide open his bedroom door and call in and look for him. :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son started jr high Mon. My youngest son keeps looking for him, too. Middle child (daughter) could care less. Must be a boy thing. :)

    Congrats on finishing the book! And congrats on your release this Friday! Whoo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^