Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday Morning

Today is Oldest Offspring's 15th birthday. He is especially pleased about the age increase, lol. While waiting for the bus, he was talking about how next year he'll be old enough to have his own car, get a job, and all that. He wants to work soooo bad. It's good in a way that he wants to work, but kind of bad the way he loves money. What can you do?

Tempest posted this picture of the Care Bear cake for me over at the Midnight Moon Cafe, and I thought it would be great for today's post regarding son's birthday, so there it is. Thanks Tempest! I also want to thank CC for the scandalous cake she left me over at MMC. *eyebrow wiggle* Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes we've received over the past few days. Myspace friends, included. It will take me days to catch up with all of you now. You folks are great!

I got my first round of edits back this morning for Wicked Temptation. I downloaded them but I'm waiting until after my mom leaves this afternoon to start tackling it. I want this story to shine. This story has quickly grown into my baby. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe it's just the change in subject matter, I don't know.

On another note, a friend I've known since 1st grade informed me last night she's expecting her first baby in December. I'm so happy for her! She's wanted this baby for a while now, and just seeing how happy she is has me walking on cloud 9. :-)

Well, I better get to work doing things around the house. I've got a ton of errands to run before I can sit down and tackle any written work. *sigh*

8 comments:

  1. I wish my revision was done. Good luck with yours.

    I have two boys with October birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your oldest werewolf! *wg* Here's the link to his b-day cake:

    http://www.thecakefairy.co.uk/pages/jabbapage.html

    Good luck with that edits! I know it's going to be another kick-ass story. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy revision. I'm doing mine too...tomorrow.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake is so cute. My daughter would love it.

    I just finished my revisions for Haunted Dreams. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice that your son wants to work. As for money, isn't that the root of all evil?? LOL Just remember when he gets his license your insurance rates are going to skyrocket! (Actually, most insurance companies offer a Good Student Discount, he has to maintain a B average. You should look into it)

    Good luck with the revisions! And, Happy B-day to the oldest!

    With Love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. My youngest dau is 8 and she adores Care Bears. They drive me nuts, though, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you and your son! I love that cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Oldest. He's been loving every minute of being 15, I think. lol

    Zinnia: With our family it's August and May birthdays. Just about everyone is crammed into those two months.

    Tempest: Thanks for the cake! ^_^

    ME: Good luck with your revisions! Be sure to take a few breaks in between to keep your mind fresh. :)

    Karen: Congrats on finishing edits for Haunted Dreams! The cover is gorgeous! I was checking it out on your blog earlier.

    Tara: I'll have to look into that insurance thing. Son will be starting drivers' ed this fall. He's scared stiff. I've never heard of a boy NOT wanting to drive, but he's so paranoid about crashes it's weird. I'm hoping hubby can get him into a car long enough to learn. lol

    Faith: I love the Care Bears. I can't help it. They are so cute and addictive. I know this must drive my husband completely bonkers. *rofl*

    Shelli: Thanks for the birthday wishes! That cake looks yummy, doesn't it? Almost too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^