Monday, August 28, 2006

Today's My Birthday


So today's the big day: I'm officially 30 something. There's no cake or ice cream left though. It was all devoured over the weekend when we actually celebrated.

This morning while waiting for the bus Oldest Offspring said: "Happy Birthday, mom! Don't worry, when you're forty, you won't feel like you're old right now." Oh, haha, pretty funny, smartass. See what I'm living with? ^_^

Actually, he's turning 15 tomorrow. So it's like a double whammy. Hence the weekend celebrations. We'd be too tired for anything else if we celebrated on the actual days. Although I have to admit, I am thinking about going and buying a cake today. Mmm icing... :P Hear that sound? No, that's not my tummy rumbling! That's me bucking tradition and buying my own cake!

Okay, enough talk about birthday cake, it's time for beefcake! Sheeeeoowww! Look at Mr. Birthday Hottie. *drool* Okay, that's one of those guys I'd see walking into a room and I'd start looking for an exit. Really, he's so hot it's intimidating. I wouldn't be able to look him in the eyes if he spoke to me. I know, I know... most women probably think that's weird. But heh, that's me. I'm weird. He is definitely my type though. Tall, dark, and... um, nearly naked. :P I have to admit something: in the photo he's wearing jeans. I cropped it to hide a bit of happy trail that was just a bit too visible, but I think the crop I did only made him look that much more naked. *sigh* I tried ya'll, I really did!

Today I got the Octoberfest schedule and Wicked Temptation is set(not a concrete date) for release October 27th. Woohoo! I can't wait to see my new cover. ^_^ Hey, wait! Did I ever post a blurb about Wicked Temptation? If not, here's what the book is about:

An unexpected visit forces Anya Audridov to find a way to deal with her sister’s tragic addiction to her vampire lover’s bite. Not knowing where else to turn for help, Anya calls on her own former Biter whom she hasn’t spoken to in ten years.

Dominic Lisandro has been waiting for Anya to need him enough to call him back into her life. But his help comes with a price. He hasn't forgotten how easily she left him all those years ago. If she wants his help now, she will have to give herself over to his every desire.


Well, I'm off to do a few online rounds, and then it's off to work on my new wip!

6 comments:

  1. Wooohooo!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! *brings on the male strippers and the naughty-shaped cake* Let's partee!

    And happy birthday to you oldest werewolf tomorrow! ;)

    BTW, I saw the date of your Octoberfest release! That's so cool! I can't wait to read it. I know it'll be as hot as "Bounding Experience." hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! Thanks for the cake and dancers, Tempest! I'm so happy about the release date. I've still got edits to go through, but I'm looking forward to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting premise, Cora. I haven't read a good vampire tale in ages, so I'll watch for the promo for this.

    Oh, and happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Cora! Happy birthday to you!

    Hey! Don't throw cake, those candles might still be lit!

    ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have fun today.

    Your book sounds awesome. I lurve the title - can't wait to see the book cover. Aren't you excited to be a part of the Octoberfest experience? I am!!! :)

    Happy bday to your eldest tomorrow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR CORA
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piss! Sorry I missed it!

    Hope you had a great day!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.