Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sitting Down By the Window

It's been a fun, albeit rainy, weekend. Hubby and I took the boys to the mall yesterday. Mini-boy was fun to watch; he was fascinated by the fountains, and I imagine if they hadn't been gated off, we would have been holding him by the shirt tails to keep him from taking a swim. He loves the water, and seeing big, gurgly jets of it shooting out of a pool was enough to make him squee with joy.

Oldest-offspring and Hubby spent most of their time in The Underground and Hot Topic. I didn't see much of them until the end of the trip, though, to credit them, they brought back a Rancid tshirt for me. *mwah* That was my birthday present. Not too shabby. I'd gone next door to Claire's, and I have to say I spent waaaaay too much money in there. Do you remember hearing about the professional surf girl that lost her arm in a shark attack? Bethany...? Forgive me, but for the life of me I can't remember her last name! Anyway, she has her own line of jewelery, and I tell you something... that girl and I have the same taste. I bought $30.00 worth of jewelry, got in the car to look at it, and her name was on every single piece. You go, girl! Keep making that cool jewelry pour moi!

It was just a cozy, family day-trip. We shopped the mall, dropped by Toys R Us, then stopped for Chinese on the way home--I don't think I've ever seen Mini-boy eat so many green beans. On the ride home, the sun dimmed out and it started raining quite hard. It was quiet and cool most of the way back, and I was ready for a nap by the time we got through all that and pulled into the driveway. Instead, I raced around, swept the dining room, did the dishes, and threw in some laundry for washing before my parents came over for caramel cake and ice cream. Boy, it's going to kill me to get back to the grind on Monday morning!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love today's pic!

    My youngest loves the mall fountains too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the picture, Zinnia. I was looking up rainy day windows on google and found it. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cora - Seems like we both got rain this weekend. *lol* Ooooh! Hot Topic... I love that store. They have got so many cool stuff in it. Every time I'm at the mall, I go there. I was able to replace a few original Iron Maiden t-shirts, which had worn out after decades of use. *wg*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^