Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Not Enough Hours


I've got a busy day ahead, and since I'm going to have to make a run to the store and the bank in a few minutes, I thought I'd stop by to blog.

There is pure insanity going on here, and I'm doing what I can to keep a calm head. Hubby is bent on his promotion, I'm trying to get everything together for oldest offspring's back to school--including buying uniforms, shoes, and arranging to get his hair cut and bleached like he wants (video game fashion, I swear). We ran out of checks, so I'm completely without cash, but there's nothing in the cabinets to eat other than some baby cereal. *yummy, powdered rice* :P So I have to go shopping or starve (although the size of my thighs say it's unlikely, lol). ^_^

As for writing, I'm still chugging away at Wicked Temptation. I made wonderful progress yesterday and early this morning. Woot! That casts a positive light on my day already. I'll do more on it this afternoon once I'm home from running errands.

Tomorrow I'll be posting information on how to enter my Yay! The Kids Are Going Back to School Soon! contest. This is to promote my upcoming release, Bonding Experience. I'll be giving away a showergel kit, scented candles, chocolate, and more!

8 comments:

  1. Love the pic. Yes, there's not enough hours, I agree. My week is insane, but most of it in a good way. Kids are nuts, hubby is going out of town for two weeks, house is a mess, parents are coming Monday - all the while I'm dealing with my book coming out (yea!) and all the promo that is going on with it.

    Whoops, shameless plug. Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love the pic too. ^_^ It's something my husband dragged up. I had to share it.

    Karen! I look forward to your release date. :-) I'll be at the CP chat Friday night cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I just noticed the cover of Bonding Experince. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo very cool contest goodies. I always forget places use uniforms for schools. We don't in Seattle. Not unlessy ou go to a private school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Cora...I might have to do a contest like that too...can't wait for school to start again. Love the title of that book..sounds really good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tempest, thank you! I'm happy with the cover... and excited about the release date!

    Shelli, the uniforms are required across the board here, public and private schools. They've only been doing it for about 6 years or so, though. When they first implimented it they put editorials in the paper and such saying it was for the kids benefit--to keep them from being able to determine rich kids from the poor kids and so forth. I'm not sure if it's actually accomplished that or not.

    Glad you like the title, Lyric. Have fun contesting! I think August is the perfect month for it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO. This is a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.