Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's All About Perspective

It's been a pleasant weekend. I'm a little under the weather as of today, and mini-boy has come down sick as of last night, but it was nice to spend a weekend with no writing, no responsibilities, just all of us kicking around town then coming back and hanging out here at home.

My thirty-first birthday is right around the corner, and I've been trying to think of what I want... I think I want something silly, like a birthday cake with Care Bears all over it. Or My Little Ponies. Or rainbows. Something fun and colorful. Lately I've been hitting such rollercoaster highs and lows I feel like I just need to throw off everything that's been getting to me and have a bit of fun.

You know, now that I think about it, I kinda expected to be freaking out about turning thirty-one, but I guess it's not such a big deal after all. Now turning 30... OMG. I cried on and off all day when I turned 30. It felt like then end of the world. I'm not sure why, but it sort of felt like my childhood was over and done with. Dead. Finis. Now it feels like I'm starting all over again. I see potential for myself, and that feels pretty darn good.

2 comments:

  1. How about Rainbow Bright? That's colorful! hehehe! If I had an 80s-themed b-day, it would be either Jem & The Holograms or She-Ra: Princess of Power. *wg* Of course, nothing beats a Monchichi or Alf themed party. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow Bright would be fun! I love 80's toys. ^_^ I was walking through the supermarket with Hubby the other day and saw a Strawberry Shortcake birthday cake and I pointed it out to hubby. I thought a carebear one would be fun too. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.