Friday, August 18, 2006

It Takes A Lot of Paper

Remember when I said I use a lot of paper when creating an ebook? Take a look! Trees everywhere are crying. That is almost a full package of computer paper for a 22,000 word story, and almost every page there is marked and remarked, highlighted, with stuff scribbled in the margins. It's a mess! Since the folder I bought for that particular story obviously won't hold everything, it's all been neatly packed into an expandy file and stored with the other manuscripts.

BTW, you see that scanner in the picture? That big whitish-gray square lump on the second shelf? Yeah, that scanner. Why oh why do I still hold on to that thing? I never use it anymore. It has the lousiest resolution on the planet. Well, I guess it does still have it's uses. I sometimes turn my chair sideways at the desk, turn my keyboard, then prop my feet up on it. My very own electronic ottoman. *blush*



Now the mini-person in the next picture is what's usually clinging to my leg saying, "Mam Mam!" while I'm trying to write. How can one turn that down, I ask you? You can't. It's impossible. Such cuteness will not be denied. So onto my lap he goes. Poor thing. I'm glad he can't read yet. He'd probably catch a glimpse of one my spicier love scene and he'd be scarred for life!

If you're a parent and a writer, you've got to have a whole lot of patience to go along with that paper! At least that's how it is in my case. ^_^

Anyway, today is release day for Bonding Experience. Cobblestone Press should have it up and running for download sometime today. :-) You know, after I wrote Crossing Borders, I wondered if I could actually do it again--write something good enough to sell. Bonding Experience is my confirmation piece, so to say. For that reason it holds a dear place in my heart.

Well, hubby is off work today so we're going to go buy birthday presents for oldest offspring today. His birthday isn't for another week, but this is likely the only chance we'll get to go shopping together. Soo...I better go have a shower and get dressed.

One more thing before I go! This is the last day to sign up to win one of four neato prizes from me, including a free copy of Bonding Experience. All you have to do is sign up for the Cora Zane newsletter. There's a sign up box on the bottom right side of the page. Winners will be announced tonight after the Cobblestone Press release day chat. (Chat is from 7-9 pm CST) Good luck!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the release, Cora!!!! And I can't believe all that paper - yikes! You're going to run out of room to store all of it if you keep on a writin' and sellin'. :)

    Your baby is cute - big eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the release, Cora!

    I have six kids, not to mention all their friends and cousins that are in my home on a regular basis. Thank God for a husband who chases them away from me so I can write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! I'm like you. I have to print things out in order to go over them and correct them. I can't do corrections directly in the computer.

    OMG! Your baby is so precious! Who knows... Maybe he'll turn into the next erotic romance writer. *lol*

    Congrats on today's release!!! I bought a copy and I can't wait to read it tonight. It's cold since it rained so there's nothing better than curling up with a good book (or ebook). Okay, having sex with one of your werewolves will be a lot better. *rofl*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! Lookie! Lookie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm.... a link would have been nice huh?
    http://emmapetersen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.