Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Stubborn Characters


I spent most of the day wrangling with chapter three of Wicked Tempation. Each book I write tends to have at least one chapter from hell, and for this book, three is it. I started on this chapter yesterday, and I have been fighting it tooth and nail ever since.

There's a bit of dialoge I cannot take out. See, the plot hinges on it. If I take this part out, my story falls apart. But when I rewrote the beginning this past time, it cut out the bridge between the action and this section of dialogue, so now I've got to find a new way to make this scene work.

I've decided this afternoon I'm going to have to add in more dialoge and end chapter two a bit differently. Okay, so it's not the monumental task I thought it was going to be, and it enhances the reason my hero has to be pissed with the heroine. But oi, what a job this has been!

On the bright side, once this chapter is plugged (all the story holes filled in) I'll technically be finished with the book. *angelic music here* With that out of the way I'll be able to focus on polishing for submission.

3 comments:

  1. There's always a snag somewhere in the book, right? At least you've recognized it. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot. It is exciting to be close to finishing! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely HATE re-writing! But it has to be done! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.