Friday, July 14, 2006

Put A Little Birdhouse in Your Soul


It's been a helluva week. Major changes all around me. Oh, and I've got a pulled muscle in my neck--lovely no? I have no idea how I did that. But no matter! I'm on cloud 9 because despite the insanity when I came in to blog this I saw I had a great review up over at Ellis Reviews. That could have sustained me all weekend, but the minute--and I do mean the minute--I got through posting my happy review, I got an email from a friend. She'd been browsing Romance Junkies and spotted another review there. Two reviews. I tell you, I am sighing in contentment right now.

On another note, I cashed my first royalties check today which was awesome. The amount was not so much, but I can honestly say that it didn't matter in the least. The sense of accomplishment was monumental. I have fulfilled a dream. And that feels wonderful.

I plan to crack open a bottle of wine tonight, relax, and work on my vampire manuscript a bit. Oh, and I need to update my meter again. I had a breakthrough when hubby took the baby out to grocery shop this morning--their daddy/son time. I'll probably do that sometime over the weekend, or on Monday. I was thinking this afternoon I'll be happy when Batty gets back online and we can talk shop. She's just moved into a fabulous new house, but the phones and cable and all that isn't hooked up yet. She can only access the net from work and has to be careful about doing that.

Well that's all for now. While hubby is napping, I'm going to go blog hop and try to say hi to as many people as I can. It's Friday, after all. :-)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Congrats Cora! Woohoo! *does the booty-licios dance* I read both reviews. They are fabulous! 4.5 stars on Romance Junkies - that's awesome! Yeah, open that bottle of wine and toss for many more great reviews to come. You're an magnificient storyteller, and your stories are proof of it. :)

    Now get that vamp story polished and submit it to CP. I can wait to read it for Octoberfest. *wg*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^