Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy July 4th and Romancing the Vampires

Happy July 4th, everyone! Hubby, the kids, and I celebrated with hotdogs, watermelon, and phone calls to the rest of the family. It was really low key, and I liked that alot. Hubby's been off work since Friday, but we've done so much family stuff the past few days, I didn't get much writing in. Since he's going back to work tomorrow, I spent the majority of the day writing and trying to catch up--which is exactly what I wanted (and needed) to be doing. I'm about half way through with Wicked Temptation now, much to my relief. I've never tried to write a salable draft on such short notice before. It's a bit nerve wracking to say the least!

Tomorrow it's back to the grind. I've been trying to plot all afternoon so I'm not lost the next time I sit down in front of the comp. What's that old saying about maximizing your potential? I can't afford to do any more screen-staring like I've been doing lately.

Anyway, I took a moment to hop around to a few blogs and I saw Shelli's review for Tourist Attraction is up over at Literary Sass. Congrats on the to-for two shots, Shelli! You earned it. Those sassy bitches are tough! :P

Well, it's back to work!

3 comments:

  1. I'm feeling ya on the salable draft in a short period of time! It's killing me over here trying to get my Halloween sub ready, especially cos I have never written a "spooky" story in my life! Aaaah!

    I love your title by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low key, you lucky girl, you. I'm so glad I stopped by because I knew there was another ebook I needed to get and I could not for the life of me remember the author or the press...but it's you, hehe.

    Off I go. Have a good day.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I'm glad you like the title. I'm right there with ya on this story thing. It's kicking my tail at the moment, but I'm almost at 8k. I'm working on the beginning and if I could just get the characters to the freaking party I'd be well on the way... *howls in anguish*

    Yay, it's me! :D Thank you, Kim! I'm glad you found me. You've made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^