Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ebb and Flow

I've been putting a lot of time into blogs lately when really I need to be working. Last night I made tremendous advances, I'm over the 12k mark in Wicked Temptation, but I still have sooo much to do... including getting my second round of edits complete for Bonding Experience. I would have had that finished sooner, but I decided (insanely enough) to try editing it using new software so now I'm fairly pulling my hair out learning this stuff. So anyway, if I'm not out and about visiting this week, it's not because I've fallen off the planet. It's because I'm not distracting myself with other things to keep from accomplishing goals. (In less gentle terms, I'm not slackassing.) Ah, that's the ebb and flow of work for me. I play - I slave. And I admit I bring it on myself. It's the karmic path of who I am.

On another note, I found these lovely pictures of seahorses. There is something about them that draw me. Did you know that seashorses mate for life, and that the male partners give birth to the babies? Amazing. Hormonal men. Can you imagine?

7 comments:

  1. I know...I've got to actually do some writing rather than blogging, too. I used to pride myself on my ability to multi-task but I'm becoming more and more a one-track girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sea horses - we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium when they had a huge sea horse exhibit and it was so awesome. They're trippy.

    Yeah, the blogging thing can be bad, bad, bad. I didn't write a word this weekend. Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should check out sea dragons, too, Cora. They're sea horses, but they have these gorgeous leafy frond looking limbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that's a trip. Men giving birth. But it would be kinda fun to switch it up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not Slackassing. I had no idea you could use those words together like that...all in one sentence.

    No, honestly it is good that we aren't all slackassing at the same time. At least one of us ought to be working right :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't it be neat if our men were the ones giving birth? *evil grin* Reminds me of the movie with the Governator Arnold and Danny DeVito. *lol*

    Now stop slackassing and do those edits and finish that story! *g*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^