Monday, July 10, 2006

The Cat Wears Slippers

I spent the morning catching up on emails and working on the computer. The old one, the desktop--not the laptop. This poor beast has seen better days, probably due to one too many questionable downloads. I cleaned out the files and tried to get it running a bit faster since this is the only comp connected to a printer, but still it's trudging along at a snail's pace.

I sent a copy of Crossing Borders to Romance Divas for review a few day ago, but I had no idea if it had even made it across the wires. Thanks to my comp and AOL, my emails have been vanishing at an alarming rate. I worried about it so I contacted Lisa, who told me they'd received it--much to my relief.

Now to the manuscript. My vampires are not freaking cooperating with me. I'm about to start staking them off if they don't do something, and fast. I'm not anticipating this to be a saga length story, but good grief, get on with it already!

7 comments:

  1. Don't stake them! How can they cooperate (no matter how long it takes) if they're dead.

    Again.

    Hm.

    :)

    I have the same problem with a werewolf of mine. I have to tease him into talking. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the men vamps? Cause my men characters are giving me all kinds of hell this week. Shitheads, is what they are.

    Talk soon, you silly slackass, wink wink

    Best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, vamps can act so diva-like. *lol* I temp my male vamps with lots of good sex, and it works. With female vamps, well, the little bitches are harder to temp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You're right, Sara. If I stake them they really won't cooperate. ^_^

    Yes, of course it's the men vamps, Kim. Talk about three kinds of hell. Blech. I started stripping out scenes and rewriting this morning. Silma, looks like I'm going to have to take your advice and tempt my hot sexy vamp guy with tons of steamy sex. What guy could refuse that? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, my characters - male & female - they're all tempermental this week. Don't want to cooperate, don't want to tell their story, don't want to help me out...

    Wait. I think it's my problem. I'm the one who can't sit down and write the damn story! LOL

    Hope you can round up your vampires and set them straight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, am I the only one whose character has been shouting this week?

    She's still shouting and the novella is finished so I'm writing book two.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. M.E. congrats on finishing! :D I finally whipped my vamps into shape. *whip swish* They are talking again and all that, having lots of steamy sex, etc... but I had to cut about 3k from my ms before I could get them on the move again. Talk about OUCH! But I think I'll be able to make up for it this evening. The story has a much better flow and my hero and heroine are together much sooner in the book. Too, all the cutting is from the beginning of the book. The second half is practically complete. So I think I'm back on track now... I just might be able to pull this off. ***squee***

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^