Friday, July 21, 2006

Calm Seas, Prosperous Voyage

Last night was pleasant. The power didn't flicker, and hubby arrived home with a marguerita for me, and a pizza to cook in the oven. The baby was especially happy to follow daddy around and give me a much needed break. I went to the computer and worked on tying up loose ends on my wip. After that, I checked my email and found my latest round of edits for Bonding Experience have come in.

Edits have been especially tough with this book. As I mentioned in a previous post, I decided to start using Word instead of Works for editing this one. Great googly moogly. To say it's been a challenge to learn is putting it mildly. Learning the reviewing plane and how to get the damn thing to accept changes is probably all the learning I want to do this year. Enough for me. Yuck. But I spent last night browsing editing sites (yes, they actually have those out there) and I think I've got the hang of it. Thank goodness my editor is at least somewhat patient. I wouldn't want to be her, going over my stuff. That's for sure :*>

Anyway, today is my writing day - the day of the week hubby takes the boys out for about two hours so I can brainstorm without someone tugging at my shirttail. While they're all still abed, I've already pulled my notes together, set out my heavily marked manuscript, made a pot of coffee, and did a cleanup on my laptop. As soon as they wake up, let the festivities begin.

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I desperately need a writing day. My writing has stalled. I think I've complained about it on every blog I've visited today! LOL

    Have fun writing. Sorry about the editing thing but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGHHH!

    That pic!

    *shudder!*

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, if you've stalled take a break. Refresh. Read something by an author who inspires you. That's the only way I can usually get my writing groove back on. As for editing, errrrghhh... :P I'd rather do taxes.

    Okay. Well, maybe not.

    M.E.! No, no! The boat is pretty. Preeettty! :D Now, airplanes... that's another story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had several thunderstorms pass through her today and the power went out too. Didn't stay off long though, that would have been miserable in this heat. You'll get the hang of the editing thing. Don't worry too much about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.