Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Bedtime Story

I was going to post a picture of Van Gogh's Starry Night but blogger is being a twat right now and won't upload my picture. Grr...:P Anyway, yesterday was interesting...

First off, I managed to complete my 3rd round of edits for Bonding Experience. I added my dedication, tweaked a few sentences and sent it off. Woohoo! I am so glad to have that over with. This afternoon Rochelle and I went over a few last things and she's going to be sending my work in tonight. Yay! So I should have a release date and a cover before too long.

Now, where was I? Oh, yeah - yesterday. Around noon yesterday I took my copy of The Hunger along with the little Pooh Bear (the baby) to take a nap. I had just got him dozing when I glanced up at this crack in the ceiling tile and saw something move. I stared a minute thinking "am I seeing things?" Oh, no. If only that were the case.... I stared as not one, but two WASPS crept out of the crack between the ceiling tiles and start flying toward the bedroom window.

O.M.G. *_* Anyone who half way knows me, knows I am terrified of wasps. Snakes, scorpions, rats, spiders, two headed cannibalistic vampire mutants... all those things I can handle. But wasps? Uh, hell no. I grabbed the sleeping baby right as two more wasps fly out of the ceiling tiles. I about fell all over myself in my mad dash to get out of there. Eek! Eek! Eek!

I closed the door and left things as it was until hubby came home. I couldn't call him because his cell phone has been on the fritz. I told him about the wasps, and he sent me to the store to buy a can of wasp spray. So off to the store I go. I buy one can of spray and dash back home.

Let me tell you... He sprayed inside and outside the house. As it stands, the spray I bought whomped some wasp bootay, but we are still infested on the eastern end of the house. We're thinking it may take an exterminator to get rid of them all. Last night after things had settled, I kept worrying about the kids. What if they'd been outside and the wasps swarmed down on them? *shudder*

Lovely thought to have on your mind right before bedtime, don't you think? :S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.