Thursday, June 29, 2006

Diabetes and Time Off


I've been ill lately; my diabetes has been getting the best of me. Blame too much stress and good chocolate, but I've got to slow down a bit. I've been promo-ing where I can and keeping up with as many of my writing buddies as possible, but over the next few days I'm taking a sabbatical. I'm going to focus on my writing and rest. Hopefully by then I'll have my b/g back on track.

In the meantime, I'll be working on Wicked Temptation. I'm about 5k words into it, and I have to say...I've never seen a more frisky lot of vampires in my life! lol

On another note, I finally bit the bullet and sent in a sample review to become part of the book review staff at romance divas. Guess what? I'm in! Yay, yay! *dancing and much rejoicing* I just got my first review book today, and I'm looking forward to some hot reading over the weekend.

I'm out for now. Smoochies.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cora congrats on being a Diva reviewer! Isn't it great?

    I'm sorry you're feeling a bit sick. I didn't know you were diabetic? Type I? I'm type II adult onset. I got it at 23. I've been eating terrible lately and my A1C has reflected it.

    Take care of yourself. (HUGS!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, love the kitties! I had an "Awww..." moment there. Sorry to hear about your diabetes acting out. My hypoglecymia has been a rampage too. Yep. Blame those darn chocolates too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of yourself Cora. And cut back on the chocolate (bummer!) and stress.

    Congrats on becoming a reviewer. What fun! Have fun reading.

    I'm working on my Halloween story and these two are horny but they aren't doing anything about it! I'm 35 pages in and they haven't even kissed yet! What the hell? :)

    Have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pick me up, ladies. Shelli, I've been type 2 since 1998. It really bites. I hate to admit it, but I've brought this latest bought of ick on by myself. Stress is a factor, but a lot of it is because I've been eating like trash can. Urg. :(

    Silma! I hope you get your hypoglycemia back on track. Oh, and I love the kitties too! I was browsing pics and that one just jumped out at me. *g*

    Karen, tell those characters to get cracking and start smooching! :D I'm working on my Halloween story too. I really need to knuckle down on it and get more done. Sigh. I better start on that tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.