Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Editing Woes

I'm still working on my final edits for Bonding Experience. I had hoped to have this finished only, um, last week! :*( I am stuck on this one section in chapter two. I'm just not sure what I want to do with it. The section really enhances the enhances the story, but I'm not sure if I should include it because it's the only chapter out of the book that is from the hero's perspective. I tried to rewrite it from the heroine's pov, and to use his thoughts as dialogue later on in the story, but I'm just not sure if the scene is working. I could cut the scene out entirely--the novel would survive without it, but!!! there are some key elements in it that show that the heroine (for all her brave talk) is really not so secure as she lets on to be. And I love that!!

Arg! Back to the drawing board...

4 comments:

  1. Argh, I hate that when you get stuck on one chapter or section. I've been there and get stuck sometimes for days, weeks... best to go back to it, skip over it if you need to. But who knows. Good luck! LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good luck! :) I skipped the chapter for now, and pulled it from the book until the rest of the editing is finished. The rest of it isn't so bad, but the chapter of doom actually kept me awake last night thinking of alternatives. LOL. I'm hopeless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{{Cora}}} I hear ya! Getting stuck sucks. The worst part is that when I'm stuck my muses give me something else to write about. Ugh! Anyway, I've found the best way to solve that is to show my story to a CP. One of them is so brutally honest with such a keen eye, so I let her have the story. If she okays something then I know I'm on the right track. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, will you be re-adding the chapter later? I'm curious to hear how you'll deal with it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^