Monday, May 22, 2006

Chapter of Doom

Here I am, revising the chapter of doom (chapter 2) again. Yesterday I rewrote it for about the sixth time. I think I finally have it on track this time--no really! The story needed a boost to bring the action and *achem* action along sooner, so I stripped Chapter 2 out completely and restructured it completely. By doing this it seems to have fixed any POV problems. Hm.

Anyway, it finally, finally blends with the rest of the story, but I'm thinking it will still need some clean up later on. I added a lot more character interaction and I always tweak snogging sessions to death before submission.

Well, maybe I'll be able to rest a bit easier now. This is the one chapter holding me back from finishing this thing, and good god! will I be glad when it's done.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Cora! You're on the home stretch! Where's this one going? Snogging hmm? You sound so Aussie! Hee hee.

    Did you get my email about the newsletter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! *whew* I gotta say I'm glad I finally got around that, because I was ready to throw out the whole thing and start fresh. Anyway, I'm hoping this one will go to Cobblestone as well.

    Newsletter email? Eek, no I guess I didn't. I checked my spam filter but it's not there either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. snogging- now there's a word I haven't heard since high school.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^