Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Missed the bus!

I think stress is finally getting to me. Last night I dreamed I was working on a writing project when I turned and noticed a friend of mine had taken a picture puzzle down from one of the walls and was in the process of removing it from the frame. I tried to tell her it was glued to the board backing but she took it out anyway, and when she did, the puzzle bent and buckled. It was ruined. Nevertheless, I got down on the floor with her and I tried to fix it with her. No matter how hard I tried, it just wouldn't go back into the frame. The pieces were too bent and mussed to fit back in place.

Around that time I notice that I should be getting ready to catch the bus. By the time I gathered all my things together and made it out to the depot, the cue was starting to move. I just made it out to the waiting vestibule when my bus (42) goes by. I tried to wave down the driver, but it's been 15 years at least since I rode that bus, and the driver didn't recognize me. He just kept on driving.

I was feeling pretty edgy by this point. I waited for a break in the cue, and went back around to the front of the school. As I'm walking, I'm wondering how I'll going to get home, and who could possible call to come and get me. (Mom? She can't come for me for some reason.) Anyway, I realize there isn't anyone to help me and I'm starting to get a little scared. That's when I start wondering: Hey, didn't I drive here on my own?

I honestly couldn't remember taking the bus. So as I'm walking across the campus, I look toward the parking lot and what do I see? Parked right up in front is my little yellow car--hard to miss, no? (And yes, I truly drive a yellow car in waking life.) I realized at that moment I didn't need to be in a rush, that I'd had a ride home all along. Just before waking, I realized I'd been upset over nothing. *_*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^