Friday, March 31, 2006

In The Runes Series

I started working on my story for the upcoming In The Rune's Series for Cobblestone Press yesterday. I've taken on Thurisaz, the thorn. I tell you, the idea for this story just came to me from nowhere. Don't you just love it when that happens?

My Thurisaz piece will be a mid-range novel, between 20-40K words. I'm not sure yet if that will be a blessing or a curse. One never knows when a story starts. You think you know where it's going but then a plot twist hits you out of left field and you end up with more/less words than you intended.

I'll post more about this series as it developes.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the story! Lately it seems like everybody is taking interest in stuff like chinese astrology, tarot, and runes to create series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the story, Cora! I lvoe it when that happens. I'm doing Eihwaz, defense, and it just kind of came out of the blue too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    I agree, Silma, it does seem like metaphysical and new age things are blooming in popularity online lately. I'm loving it! Especially the interest in runes. *My youngest boy is named Rune.* :)

    You've got my interest peaked, Lori! A hot romance revolving around defense. I can't wait to see what you've come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's so cool your son's name is Rune. What are the odds?? I posted my blurb in writing tips on RD when I was looking for a title. It's going to be a fun story to write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! I went and read the blurb, Lori. It sounds really great! I can only think of No Defense Against Love for a title. Or maybe A Breakdown of Defenses? That's a tough one.

    BTW, I'm glad you like Rune! We actually chose it because it's German for "secret". The little nipper kept himself a secret from us for a month or so before learning we were pregnant, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.