Monday, January 16, 2006

It's Madness, I Tell You

Just so I can remind myself what I'm up against, the following came directly from Romance Divas: (Regarding Amber Quill's Heat Wave 2006 Competition)

QUOTE(mariab @ Jan 16 2006, 10:05 AM)
Trace, how many submissions did you receive this year?

(Trace:)Hi Maria,

Just shy of 200 (it was something like 196 or 197....I forget, since some people sent the same manuscript twice.....I'll have to count again later today.) Anyway, of those, about 170 went directly to the judging pile, while the other ones got disqualified immediately. So it's a nice mini-mountain this year I'm glad I asked the judges to start early, knowing the last-minute rush would be big. I didn't, however, expect to receive 1/5th of all entries yesterday. Hahaha

```````````````````````````
Yikes! What have I gotten myself into?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.