Sunday, June 19, 2005

Write On!

Aside from my novella, I've been working on my "Sex with Style" writing contest entry for Triskelion Publishing. I've devoted as much time as possible this weekend to fleshing out the rough draft. The deadline is July 1st, and I'm only about 300 words into it, but I have a good grasp on the story...now if I could just get the baby to sleep long enough for me to accomplish something.

There is a limited genre you can write in for your entry--mine will be paranormal, which is allowed--plus a 5,000 word limit, but I seriously doubt that I'll even touch that much space. At most, I figure the story will take up 3,000 words. At this point, I have the main scene started... I know, it's not much so far, but I only heard about the a few days ago. At any rate, I thought it would be a good way to get a feel for how Triskelion works, and act as a good writing exercise in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^